Monday, June 19, 2006

I believe so much... so much that I am ashamed of...

Sometimes I feel that I have been unlucky (or maybe even unfortunate) to have been born and brought up in a big urban setting. There are so many things that I do not know, I do not know the feeling of going around and playing in fields... I do not know the difference between the cities and villages... at least I cannot appreciate the infrastructure and facilities available in a city.

I do not know what it means to be educated in the best school/college in the country... because I have not seen the educational facilities in small towns and villages. I cannot connect to the rural India... I read and hear about the issues that plague them, but I cannot feel it since I have never been in a place where I see any such thing... in cities, we all learn to ignore the poor people on the streets... to us "they kill the aesthetic beauty"... Little do we realise that through our ignorance we are killing them each day...
  • I cannot connect to the pain of the families fighting for survival in the Narmada valley...
  • I cannot connect to the anguish of the tribals in Orissa who were fired upon for demanding a proper rehabilitation... More Info
  • I believe that setting up on plush shopping malls (which waste huge amounts of electricity) by acquiring fertile agricultural land is the way to move forward for India...
  • I believe so much... so much that I am ashamed of...
-Mohit

No comments: